Friday, May 4, 2012

What Channel is the Game On??

I've been meaning to write about this since I was in Greensboro a couple weeks ago, and am just getting around to it, so accept my apologies for the delay.  NBC now owns what used to be the "Versus" network. I think they got that one as part of the Comcast deal.  The good news is, they are treating the NHL Playoffs like the Olympics and using all the channels at their disposal to show games, which is AWESOME! The impact of this was bigger in the first round, as all of the series were on some kind of broadcast or cable television.  It was the first time that a casual fan could find a lot first round playoff hockey without having to spend the money on the Center Ice package.  The advantage of this became apparent to me as I was stuck in a hotel room for three nights in Greensboro two weeks ago.  The hotel didn't have the NBC Sports Network(formerly Versus) or the NHL network, but they did have MSNBC and CNBC. I was so excited to see the Coyotes and Blackhawks from the "comfort" of my room. There was hockey available to me every night I was there, and that made my trip so much more bearable.  NBC really has lived up to their slogan "Every Game, Every Day, Because it's the Cup". Anything that can be done to grow the game is a positive in my book.

I am a Direct TV customer here in the valley, so here is the list of channels where you can see playoff hockey.  Cox  customers should check cox.com to find a channel listing.

NBC - Channel 12
NBC Sports Network -Channel 603
CNBC - Channel 355
MSNBC - Channel 356
NHL Network - Channel 215

Tonight's game is on the NBC Sports Channel at 4:30 local time.  I'm expecting a much more spirited effort from our boys tonight. It should be fun.  LET'S GO YOTES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment